Chocolate Pudding Pie
This is the infamous recipe where the journey began. It will most likely be the easiest recipe you ever make! Simple and delicious.
• 1, RAF Almond Nut Crust, pre-baked and cooled
• 1, 5 ox. box Chocolate Cook & Serve Pudding
• 3 cups of milk
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Combine pudding mix and milk into a medium saucepan.
• Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
• Take off heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Let cool for 5 minutes.
• Pour into a pre-baked and cooled, Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust. (Crust baking instructions can be found here…)
• Cover with plastic wrap so it touches the surface of the pie.
• Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
• Top with whipped cream, (find our favorite recipe here) and enjoy!
It has finally started to feel like Fall here in San Diego! I love the crisp air, leaves changing and all things pumpkin. This Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is delicious and will be made a few more times around Thanksgiving.
• 1, Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust, thawed
• 2 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup White Sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 2 large Eggs
• 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
• 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
• Dash of Cloves
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• In a large bowl, beat on low cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
• Blend in eggs one at a time.
• Remove one cup of the batter and spread into an unbaked RAF Almond Nut Crust.
• Add pumpkin, cinnamon, and cloves to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended.
• Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Banana Cream Cheesecake
If you love Banana Cream Pie, then you’ll love this Banana Cream Cheesecake! It has a perfect balanced texture with just the right amount of banana. Add a layer of fresh sliced bananas and top with crumbled vanilla wafers for a true banana cream pie presentation!
For the Crust:
• 1 – Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust, THAWED
For the Cheesecake Filling:
• 2 – 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened at room temp. (left about 1-2 hours out of refrigerator is typically good)
• 1/2 granulated sugar
• 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup mashed bananas
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 large eggs
For the Topping:
• 1 – 3.4 oz. (small box) instant vanilla pudding
• 1 cup milk
• 1 container thawed Cool Whip
• Preheat oven to 325F. While oven preheats, take RAF Almond Nut Crust out of the freezer to thaw. Meanwhile, make filling.
• For cheesecake filling, combine softened cream cheese with sugar until very creamy. About 1-2 minutes. Add flour, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute, scraping down sides during mixing. Add eggs and mix until everything is mixed in, be careful not to over mix the batter. Pour into RAF thawed Nut Crust.
• Move pie to foil liked baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set. Center should shake like jello. Be careful not to overbake! Let cool for 1-2 hours at room temp. on a wire rack.
• For topping, mix dry pudding mix and 1 cup milk together on low for about 2 minutes. Add in thawed cool whip. Blend until combined.
• On top of cooled cheesecake, add layer of fresh sliced bananas. Then add pudding/cool whip mixture on top of bananas. Refrigerate overnight or 5-6 hours.
• Serve as is, and/or with crushed vanilla wafers and/or whipped cream!
Vegan Chocolate Tofu Pie
This pie is adapted from the book, First Prize Pies by Allison Kave. If you don’t have this book, you should order it now. It has the most creative and beautiful pies, and so far every recipe I’ve tried has turned out delicious. This pie is unique – but believe me when I say, this pie will only last a couple days because you won’t be able to stop eating it! And when it’s all gone, you will most likely make another one! I suggest serving it with the coconut whipped cream as it adds the perfect balance to the rich chocolate filling.Ingredients:
• One, Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust, Pre-baked
• 1 lb. soft tofu (not the vacuum packed kind)
• 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (I prefer Ghirardelli brand)
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1/4 cup Kahlua, coffee liquor or dark rum
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• Preheat oven to 375F. Thaw out crust while oven preheats. Place crust in oven for 10-14 minutes or until almonds are golden brown. Let cool.
• For filling, melt chocolate in microwave. In a blender, add melted chocolate, tofu, almond milk, liquor, vanilla and sea salt. Blend together until smooth, for a couple of minutes, stirring as often as needed.
• Pour into cooled almond crust. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Top with homemade coconut whipped cream or use ready made. (The brand, ‘So Delicious’ makes a ready made, coconut whipped cream – look in your freezer section). You can also top with toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or dust with cocoa powder. Enjoy!
Toasted Coconut Creme Pie
This recipe is AMAZING. Coconut Creme Pie is an Easter tradition in our family. It was my Papa’s favorite, my moms and dads too. I immediately called my mom to tell her how amazing this pie is! Make this pie, you will not be disappointed.
• 1 – Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust – Pre-baked
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup toasted, shredded sweetened coconut (see instructions below for toasting your coconut)
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 cup half & half
• 1 large egg
• 1 (14oz.) can coconut milk (not lite, organic preferred)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
• Preheat oven to 375F. Thaw out crust while oven preheats. Then place crust in oven for 10-14 minutes, or until almonds are golden brown. Let crust cool.
• Toast Coconut on baking sheet at 350F for 10-15 minutes, stirring throughout. Let cool.
• For filling, in medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, flour and salt until blended. Add in half and half, coconut milk, and egg. Whisk until it is lump-free. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil for about 5-10 minutes or until thick, whisking frequently. Take off heat and stir in toasted coconut and vanilla. Pour into cooled Nut Crust. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top. Refrigerate until filling is cool, at least 4 hours.
• For Whipped Cream, add all ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat on high for 1 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spread it over pie or dollop on each piece when serving. Top with coconut if desired.
Recipe adapted from my favorite pie cookbook, “First Prize Pies” by Allison Kave.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding Pie
My dear friend, Lauren, who is the owner of Be You Be Wholesome created this recipe to use with our Almond Nut Pie Crust. It is delicious and didn’t last more than 2 days in their fridge! Please be sure to check out her instagram @beyoubewholesome…I promise you, you’ll be inspired.
• 1 Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust (pre-baked)
• 4 ripe Avocados
• 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
• Dash of Sea Salt
• 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
• 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (optional)
• Chocolate pieces for topping
• Remove RAF Almond Nut Crust from freezer. Let thaw while oven preheats to 375F. Once preheated, bake for 10-14 minutes or until almonds are golden brown. Let cool while you make your filling.
• For chocolate avocado filling: Place all ingredients (except chocolate pieces) into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to whip ingredients together (you can also use a food processor). Once your crust has cooled, place mixture into crust and top with shaved chocolate.
Serve immediately, or for best results, place in fridge until set. Enjoy with or without coconut whipped cream. Visit @beyoubewholesome for more information and other great recipe ideas!