Chocolate Tofu Pie
Vegan Chocolate Tofu Pie
This pie is adapted from the book, First Prize Pies by Allison Kave. If you don’t have this book, you should order it now. It has the most creative and beautiful pies, and so far every recipe I’ve tried has turned out delicious. This pie is unique – but believe me when I say, this pie will only last a couple days because you won’t be able to stop eating it! And when it’s all gone, you will most likely make another one! I suggest serving it with the coconut whipped cream as it adds the perfect balance to the rich chocolate filling.
- 1 Ruffled Apron Foods Almond Nut Crust, BAKED
- 1 lb. soft tofu (not the vacuum packed kind)
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (I prefer Ghirardelli brand)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua, coffee liquor or dark rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Thaw out crust while oven preheats. Place crust in oven for 10-14 minutes or until almonds are golden brown. Let cool.
- For filling, melt chocolate in microwave. In a blender, add melted chocolate, tofu, almond milk, liquor, vanilla and sea salt. Blend together until smooth, for a couple of minutes, stirring as often as needed.
- Pour into cooled almond crust. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Top with homemade coconut whipped cream or use ready made. (The brand, ‘So Delicious’ makes a ready made, coconut whipped cream – look in freezer section). You can also top with toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or dust with cocoa powder. Enjoy!
From Inception, Ruffled Apron Foods, with a passion for delivering happiness, set out to create products everyone could enjoy with piece of mind.
We purposely select our ingredients to provide our customers with an all-natural, simple, and healthy alternative to pie crusts, pies and quiches.